Accounts payable manager job profile and description
The accounts payable manager role has executive duties in terms of supervising financial teams within an organization. It is a step up from the low end account processing jobs. Consequently the individual that is successful in this role will need to demonstrate the ability to manage others. They should be able to delegate and control budgets according to the organizational structure that they are working with.
Accounts payable manager duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of an accounts payable manager include:
- Accounting roles and general supervision.
- Management roles and executive action.
- The duty to check all accounts that are verified within the company.
- Some audit duties depending on the financial season.
Accounts payable manager skills and specifications
This is a supervisory role and therefore there will be a set of complex skills and specification that are attached to it including:
- High tuned financial management skills.
- The ability to work with teams.
- General supervisory skills.
- Mathematical acumen.
- The ability to deal with complex tasks.
Accounts payable manager education and qualification
There are various qualifications that are required for this role including:
- A nationally recognized accounting qualification.
- Education to degree standard.
- Literacy and numeracy qualifications.
- Management qualifications.
- A clean criminal records check.
Accounts payable manager salary
The salary for an accounts payable manager is at executive level. Therefore successful applicants should be aiming to start at about $70,000. Of course this salary can be considerably higher for individuals that have exceptional skills or qualifications. There are also opportunities for promotion and personal development. Those can increase the potential salaries for successful applicants. On the other hand the benefits of executive responsibility will also be significant. They might include a company car and free healthcare insurance.