Bookkeeping Assistant Job Profile and Description
Bookkeeping Assistant position requires providing clerical or technical support to the Assistant Superintendent for Business in the preparation of the accounting and payroll procedures. The bookkeeping assistant is responsible for entering data into the Bookkeeping software or system. They record incoming checks and cash, performs filing and clerical duties, and assist to preparing report. Bookkeeping Assistant keeps basic understanding of accounts receivable and accounts Payable systems. They gather knowledge in accounting software like Peachtree, QuickBooks, and CBS. Word and Excel knowledge is the very basic for this position. Communication skill both verbal and written, and mailing is the minimum skill needed to gather for this position. Some companies use fund-based accounting system so experience with a fund-based system will be an extra advantage for an aspiring candidate.
Bookkeeping Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
- Bookkeeping assistant enters data into the Bookkeeping software or system
- Bookkeeping assistant records all incoming checks and cash.
- Bookkeeping assistant performs filing and clerical duties.
- They may be asked to assist for preparing report.
- Should communicate by mail or physically.
Bookkeeping Assistant Skills and Specifications
- Accounting Associate must be computer literate and should have well knowledge on operating a windows PC.
- Should have strong knowledge in Word and Excel along with spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge in accounting software like Peachtree, QuickBooks, and CBS will be an extra advantage.
- Adding to all skill operating fund-based accounting system will be great.
Bookkeeping Assistant Education and Qualification
- Candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in accounting major.
- Applicants should have past experience in bookkeeping duties.
Bookkeeping Assistant Job Salary
- The salary ranges from $500 – $1000 per month.
- Increment is nearly 14% per year.
- For deserving candidate salary is not a constraint.