General Accountant Job Profile and Description
Small or large accounting firm employs a general accountant. The general accountant will compose the tax chart and provide tax advices with financial planning for clients. Clients may be individual or business house. A company whose primary business is not accounting also employs them as a staff accountant. A general accountant composes tax returns. A general accountant prepares revenue vs. expenditure chart for the clients. She or he composes the tax returns for clients. They make financial details of the various clients. A general accountant creates budget, reviews budget and keep every thing according to budgets. A general accountant also verifies the accounting distribution.
General Accountant Duties and Responsibilities
- Have to prepare profit and loss statements for a business firm
- Have to make the tax return details for both clients.
- Have to compile and compose a client’s financial information.
- Have to create, reviews and maintains budgets.
- They may need to investigate accounting discrepancies.
- They communicate clients to advice about tax laws.
General Accountant Skills and Specifications
- Should have expert in accounting and arithmetic.
General Accountant Education and Qualification
- A General Accountant Candidate should have a four-year degree in business accounting or a closely related with the field.
- Many companies seek a candidate having 3 or 4-year degree in business administration or commerce related field of accounting.
- Applicant may certification of public accountant.
- This is provided in American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
General Accountant Job Salary
- The salary of this job varies person to another person and one company to other company.
- The skills and past experience of a person mostly determines his or her salary.
- The salary of a horticulture worker comes in a range of $500 – $1500 on monthly basis.