Junior Accountant Job Profile and Description
The Junior Accountant reports to the controller who is mostly the senior accountant. The Junior Accountant assists in the daily operations of the finance department, preparation of monthly accounts, assist in account payments, receivables, and preparation of monthly profit and loss statements, maintain balance sheets, subsidiary ledgers and assisting on running financial projects. Participation in general accounting preparing journal entries, monthly closing and accounting analysis and supporting the senior accountant in carrying out responsibilities in the accounts division.
Junior Accountant Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining balance sheets.
- Preparing and managing budgets.
- Assisting the senior accountant.
- Responsible for entry of investment data entry on gains and loss.
- Reconciliation of balance sheets accounts, petty cash payments, payroll related payables, loan and notes receivables and deferring of income accounts.
- Compilation, entry, and posting monthly adjusting journal entries.
- Preparation of profit and loss accounts.
- Assist in preparing audit schedules and working closely with the auditors to ensure that auditing is completed in time.
- Assisting with closing the books and in producing monthly profit and loss statements.
- Keep in touch with the senior accountant on daily basis and assist them on special projects.
- Assist with accounts receivables and payables to lessen the workload.
- Maintenance of internal financial controls and associated procedures.
Junior Accountant Skills and Requirements
- Attention to detail and accuracy in accounting procedures.
- A good planner and organizer.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Be good in scheduling and monitoring skills.
- Have initiative and innovative.
- Be good at problem analysis and problem solving.
- Ability at team work and relating well with other staff members.
Junior Accountant Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Proficiency in use of accounting software like workbooks, Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge and proficiency of finance and accounting principles.
- Two years accounting experience, financial reporting and general ledger entry.
Junior Accountant Salary
- Junior accountant salary is around $50,000 per year.