Property and fixed asset accountant job profile and description
Every company has fixed and liquid assets. The job of a property and fixed asset accountant is to keep track of the financial details of all fixed assets and property. According to the economic, social and political changes in the county, the value of assets fluctuates. A fixed asset accountant makes regular evaluation on the value of the assets.
Property and fixed asset accountant duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a property and fixed asset accountant are:
- Monitor property and fixed assets regularly, in addition to maintaining records of all previous valuation and fluctuation in prices
- Prepare accounts for acquisition of new assets
- Evaluate depreciation of assets
- Report to the management of the company and provide suggestions regarding further investments and prospects of existing assets
- Form a liaison on behalf of the company with government agencies related to property and fixed assets
- Keep abreast with the latest economic, political and social scenario of the country in order to estimate the fluctuation of value of fixed assets
- Prepare tax statements and file returns for all assets
- Keep track of the budget of the company and how much assets are costing the company in terms of tax and maintenance expenses
Property and fixed asset accountant skills and specifications
The skills and specifications required for the job of a property and fixed accountant are:
- Excellent accounting knowledge with regard to assets and properties in particular
- Strong estimation skills and ability to predict the fluctuation of values of assets
- Good communication, analytical and observation skills
- Ability to work with high precision and efficiency in preparing financial statements
Property and fixed asset accountant education and qualification
A bachelor’s degree in accounting is the basic requirement for the job of a property and fixed asset accountant.
Property and fixed asset accountants salary
Salary of a property and fixed asset accountant is between $30,000 and $55,000 per annum.