Senior Staff Accountant Job profile and Description
A Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for performance of general ledger accounting, preparation of financial accounts, monthly opening and closing of accounts and preparation of balance sheets. The Senior Staff Accountant is the most senior accountant in the accounts department and there is the manager and supervisor in the department. Demonstrates initiative in understanding process flows and controls. The Senior Staff Accountant is in charge of the following areas: general accounting, fixed assets, and trend analysis and profit/loss accounts.
Senior Staff Accountant Duties and Responsibilities
- Generation, analysis, reviewing and communication of financial data that reflects actual finance performance against the budget.
- Assist and supervise quarterly and annual entries and filings.
- Be in charge of preparation of accounting records, research of transactions and reports.
- Perform regular and recurring accounting functions that require professional competence.
- Document accounting procedures and transactions that will later be used for financial management procedures and auditing.
- Prepare tax schedules and apply basic knowledge of tax rules to assist in tax reports and returns.
- Apply the financial policies and procedures of the company.
- Research and collect data to be used in transactions.
- Take part in the annual operating budgeting process, analysis and review of annual operating budget proposals.
- Communicate on behalf of the company to other contacts and agencies outside the company.
Senior Staff Accountant Skills and Requirements
- Proficiency in use of accounting soft wares.
- Good spoken and written communication skills.
- Knowledge in Mathematics, English and Business related subjects.
Senior Staff Accountant Education and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certification in CPA or ACCA
- Minimum 3 years in finance, public accounting, corporate accounting experience
- Relevant accounting experience in the department
- Strong attention to details
Senior Staff Accountant Salary
- A Staff Accountant Salary ranges between $ 75,000- $120,000.