Tax Accountant Job Profile and Description
A company or institution needs to pay various kinds of taxes to the government. For an example, a hotel needs to pay a service tax first. If the hotel is a luxurious one, then that has to pay luxury tax. Every hotel has to pay a corporate tax on the profit generated by the hotel. Not only these, hotel pays personal income taxes on behalf of their employees and so on. The taxation process is really complex and needed to be calculated in a proper manner. That is why there is a tax account in every company, where every detail about the taxes is mentioned and there is a tax accountant in each and every company to take care of the tax account. In big companies, there are many tax accountants are deployed to take care of the tax accounts.
Tax Accountant Duties and Responsibilities
- As any normal accountant, a tax accountant has to do the accounting of the tax accounts of the company in which he or she is posted.
- The tax account of a company needs more attention than any other accounts and it is the responsibility of the tax accountant to give proper attention to the tax account of the company.
Tax Accountant Skills and Specifications
- The tax law varies from country to country and region to region. A tax accountant should have knowledge about the tax laws of the countries and regions in which his or her employer company is operating.
Tax Accountant Education and Qualification
- The minimum qualification that is required to be a tax accountant is bachelor’s degree in commerce.
Tax Accountant Job Salary
- The salary of a tax accountant generally comes in the range of $1500 – $4000 per month.