Maintenance worker Job Description and Profile
Maintenance worker’s job is to perform routine and extensive range of work in the repair and general maintenance of facilities, buildings, and equipment under general supervision. They execute work within established procedures and process under both verbal and written instructions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing repair or general Maintenance work of facilities, buildings, grounds, and equipment at various sites including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, glazier, and painting tasks.
- Repairing and treating structures such as showers, floors, sinks, walls, carpets and roofs.
- Performing minor repairs, troubleshooting, and adjustment of locks on cabinets, locks, closets, desks.
- Repairing door hinges, cleaning plugged key slots, changing filters on ventilating, heating, and air conditioning units.
- Servicing kitchen, appliances, and emergency equipment, reporting mechanical malfunctions to party for action.
- Moving and assisting in transportation of furniture and equipment.
- Setting up and breaking down cubicle partitions, exercising discretion to identify projects that need higher skilled crafts individual’s services.
- Activating and deactivating building alarms and responding to alarm calls after and during regular work hours.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to use efficiently various power and hand tools.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Should follow oral or written instructions.
- Communicate efficiently and fluently in both written and oral form.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree or high school education in any field from an accredited college.
- A valid driver’s license.