A legal job specification is a highly processed summary of a particular vacancy, which is intentionally drafted for the use of interested candidates, who are willing to apply for a legal job position. A legal job specification guides the deserving candidates to apply for an available job position. It is a detailed outline of required legal education requirements, necessary legal knowledge & clerical responsibilities and essential experience of practicing law. Legal assistant, lawyer and legal secretary are the legal job positions which are represented by the distinctively created job specification. A legal job specification clears the objective of an offered legal job. Therefore, a legal job specification can be varied as depending upon the different legal jobs.
Types of the legal job specifications:
- Legal executive job specification
- Legal advisor job specification
- Criminal justice job specification
- Law clerk job specification, etc
Following suggested points play a vital role to prepare an effective legal job specification:
- Concentrate on a legal job designation and try to consider the important points which are to be mentioned in a legal job specification.
- Point out the desired legal qualification such as a diploma, bachelor & masters in law, legal management, administration, conflict management and dispute resolution, etc.
- State the expected experience in the legal field.
- Mention about the needed skills sets including strong decision making ability, effective interpersonal & conversational skills, knowledge of legal documentation & maintenance along with honesty & patience.