A media job specification covers the vast criteria of a particular media job to assist the interested contenders to apply for a media job vacancy. A media job specification is based on the needed experience of working in a media house, required talent to handle the offered media job responsibilities along with the essential skills. A candidate can evaluate his candidature comparing it with the drafted media job specification. However, a media job specification differs according to the different media job positions.
Types of media job specifications:
- Media planner job specification
- Media analyst job specification
- Journalism job specification
- Media director job specification, etc
Following referred steps play a vital role in drafting an impressive media job specification:
- Evaluate the needed points which should be mentioned to draft a creative media job specification as per the available vacancy.
- State the compulsory media experience such as directing effective ad programs, knowledge of operating & working on innovative media devices & software, understanding of campaigns, familiarity with analytical models, etc.
- Point out the needed skills such as effective communication & interpersonal skills, team spirit attitude, leadership abilities, analytical and creative bent of mind and others.
- Do mention if any special skills are needed for a particular job profile.