A retail store manager is responsible for planning, implementing & executing the diverse store policies, managing the store stock and ensuring the security procedures for the stored goods. Participating in the budget policies, making proper arrangements for store supplies, initiating the financial planning and conducting the required retail operations are some of the key duties of the retail store manager. A retail store manager should pose excellent interpersonal skills, ability to maintain the timely records of retail management and expertise to work according to the organization policies. Hence, a retail store manager plays a vital role in the growth of a sales & retail department of an organization.
Retail store manager job specifications:
- Effective communication skills to converse with the retail team, concerned departments and dealing with the vendors for procuring product supplies.
- Good knowledge of store management, stock maintenance, budget preparation and handling of effective financial retail policies.
- Ability to develop the business through the available channels, maintaining the documentation for the same, handling after the sales section and participating in the PR & advertisement activities.
- Experience of implementing the essential policies for building relationship with the potential clients, offering the suitable discounts for enhancing the sales and making the effective strategies to store the stock safely.
- Ability to study the market reports, conducting various online analysis and assisting the quality control & stock inspection programs whenever required.
- Confidence to settle the sales targets, issuing the necessary orders regarding sales channels, investigating the pending billing statements and ensuring the proper maintenance of standard goods.
- Attending the meetings with the retail director for discussing the encountered issues and getting the approval for newly drafted sales plans.