A social service job specification is a detailed description of all the duties and responsibilities which needs to be performed in a social service job profile. Such a job specification also mentions the required experience of working in the social service field along with the needed skill sets and educational qualifications. A social service job specification is a great help for the employer and the job seekers. However, a social service job specification is outlined exclusively for the different social service jobs.
Types of service social job specifications:
- Family counsellor job specification
- Social service case work job specification
- Social worker job specification
- Child development specialist job specification, etc
Following mentioned factors play a vital role in writing a remarkable social service job specification.
- Mention the job position and summary conveying the objective of a social service job specification.
- Write the perquisite social service experiences such as knowledge of personalized treatments, awareness of counselling procedures & documentation and good practice of judging different personalities & recommending medicines as per the job profile.
- Point out the needed skills such as effective communication & interpersonal skills, ability to settle conflicts, organize interviews & counselling sessions, etc.
- The social service job specification should also mention the special attributes that an individual must possess so as to excel in his field of work.