Accounting clerk Job profile and description
An accounting clerk works in the accounting and financial wing of a company. They are a prerequisite of all businesses and deal with the gross money inflow and outflow of a company. Most of the companies train the accounting jobs after recruiting them for bookkeeping, accounting, auditing and preparation of financial statements. Since an accounting clerk deals with numbers all day, the basic skill that he should possess is being good in handling numbers.
Accounting clerk Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of an accounting clerk vary from company to company. The basic duties that an accounting clerk has to fulfil are listed below.
- Creation of invoices, bills and other routine financial statements
- Bookkeeping duties
- Help in drafting and presentation of financial plans although cannot give advise on high level policy making of the company
- Checking for errors in account statements and financial records and making required correction
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
Accounting clerk Skills and specifications
- Must be very good with numbers and calculations
- Manage time well in order to reach deadlines in preparation of financial details
- Problem solving abilities and a strong presence of mind
- Good computer knowledge to deal with computer accounting packages
- Accuracy and precision in preparation of accounting details
- Good communication skills in order to communicate with employees and managers
Accounting clerk education and Qualification
- Basic degree: High school grade 12 graduate with a diploma in accounting in bookkeeping
- Graduate degree: A degree in business accounting and finance will fetch better jobs
- A computer degree in accounting software’s
Accounting clerk Salary
An accounting clerk can earn between $11.95 and $16.07 per hour and overtime pay between $17.75 and $24.44 per hour. The average salary of an accounting clerk is $33,450 annually. The salary varies depending on the experience of the clerk and may range between $21,280 and $50, 450 annually.