Balance sheet reconciliation job profile and description
A balance sheet professional is supposed to undertake specific duties that are related to the company accounts. They fall within the highly specialized teams that work in the financial sector. Sometimes the role is outsourced from an external provider but the supervision remains with an executive within the company. It is a role that is finely tuned to the financial year since there are specific deadlines that are supposed to be met prior to completing the reconciliation.
Balance sheet reconciliation duties and responsibilities
The responsibilities for a person working as a balance sheet professional will vary according to the company that they are working for. In general these are some of the terms that have been attached to this role:
- To collect relevant information about annual accounts.
- To collate information and present it according to minimum standards.
- To analyze financial trends and make recommendations to senior executives.
- To follow standard procedures within the organization.
- To ensure that other members of the team follow standard procedures.
Balance sheet reconciliation skills and specifications
The specifications and skill requirements for this role include:
- An ability to deal with complex data.
- The consistency to delivery scheduled results.
- An understanding of financial procedures in and outside the company.
Balance sheet reconciliation education and qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a balance sheet reconciliation role are as follows:
- Education to secondary school level.
- Tertiary certificates in accounting.
- Computer qualifications.
Balance sheet reconciliation salary
The salary for a professional working in this sector is negotiable. At the low end, you can expect to earn more than $20,000. The sky is the limit when it comes to the top end. You will be judged on the ability to do the work and also the level of training that you have attained.