Project Accountant Job Profile and Description
Project Accountant assist to project manager in preparing daily and monthly progress invoices for work performed during the process. Project Accountants analyze, interpret the data. Then, they provide information about internal distribution of financial information. It shows operating results as profit and performance against budget model. Project Accountant is also called as internal auditor of the company. They assure the whether controls are being followed or not. They maintain accurate and timely cash expenditure data. They prepare sub request of payment for all contractors and suppliers. They make all required paperwork up to date. They verify all project accounting databases whether timely maintaining, security of database. They communicate directly with owner, parties, contactors, subcontractors, financial department and project team. Project Accountant also observes other special activities and responsibilities, which are under the control of project Manager.
Project Accountant Duties and Responsibilities
- Have to prepare sub request of payment for all contractors and suppliers.
- Should be participating closely with project manager.
Project Accountant Skills and Specifications
- They should have ability to work efficiently on a job site.
- Computer literacy is most. They should be familiar with Word, Excel and AS400.
- Should have experience of minimum 5 years in accounting field.
- Should have knowledge on Bonding, Insurance and Construction Lien legislation.
Project Accountant Education and Qualification
- Candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in business administration and accounting related major.
- Applicants having experience in same field will be given preference.
Project Accountant Job Salary
- The salary varies from company to company and candidate to candidate. It totally depends on the experience in the field.
- The salary of a Project Accountants comes in a range of $500 – $1500 on monthly basis.
- In this field the hike in salary ranges between 15 to 18% per year.