Revenue Accountant Job profile and Description
A revenue accountant is primarily concerned with monitoring revenue collection in a company. This means that the revenue accountant ensures that payments are made promptly by clients. The revenue accountant also monitors and supervises revenue accounts and the activities of the billing department. They also and give ideas to the marketing department on advertising so as to increase the company’s revenue intake.
Revenue Accountant Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring of the accounts and payments accounts in the company.
- In charge of daily reconciliation between company accounts and the bank accounts. Including debits and credits in both accounts.
- Reconciliatory of the daily and monthly revenue intake excel sheets.
- Assist and contribute the Financial Analyst in reviewing and processing royalties and updating revenue tracking sheets.
- Participate in monthly, quarterly and yearly accounting cycles.
- In charge of the company’s payables and receivables, inter –company report and communication to relevant stakeholders and partners.
- Overseeing that all accounting transactions for each month are recorded to be able to adjust monthly entries.
Revenue Accountant Skills and Specifications
- Excellent analytical and communication skills plus organized.
- Flexible ability to solve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to be independent
- Good project managerial skills
- Self – motivated, self – driven and willingness to work in challenging environs.
- Ability to multi task between multiple of projects.
Revenue Accountant Education and Qualification
- Minimum of two years’ experience in any accounting or finance department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or financial management.
- Keen to detail and organized.
- Ability to cooperate with all level employees, management, clients, and external agencies to increase profits and maximize performance.
- Proficient with Microsoft office, use of the internet, Workbooks and other accounting softwares.
- Knowledge in marketing and sales is also needed to help in boosting revenue intake.
Revenue Accountant Salary
- Revenue Accountants salary is between $ 55,000 to $ 70,000 per year.
- Other benefits come with the job depending on the revenue accountants’ performance.