Telecom expense management analyst job profile and description
With the increase in the use of telecom devices, especially mobile phones, companies are finding it tough to deal with their growing mobile bills. Added to that is the inconsistency in billing. In order to get rid of this entire problem, companies either outsources their telecom expense work to a telecom expense management company of appoint a telecom expense management company for their own. This analyst analyses the details of employee expenses on telecom and ensure that the company does not pay more than what is required.
Telecom expense management analyst duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a telecom expense management are:
- Taking inventory of the telecom usage scenario in a company
- Calculating usage and preparing accounts related to different modes of telecommunications in the company
- Overseeing the generation of bills that correspond exactly to usage
- Analyzing, auditing and reviewing expense situations and recommending modifications in order to reduce expenses
- Learning the software applications required and use them to accurately predict expense
- Ensure that all details about telecommunication expense are documented
- Drawing conclusions about usage patterns and formulating a model that helps in curbing telecom costs
Telecom expense management analyst skills and specifications
The skills and specifications of a telecom expense manager are:
- A thorough knowledge about accounting and finance management
- A thorough knowledge about different modes of telecommunication and the way the costs generated from them works
- Excellent communication, observation and analytical skills
- Creativity in studying telecom details and formulating expense reduction models
Telecom expense management analyst education and qualification
A bachelor’s degree in finance and administration is required for the job of a telecom expense manager. Experience of having worked in telecom or administrative sector helps in employment prospects.
Telecom expense management analyst salary
The salary of a telecom expense analyst ranges between $60,000 and $110,000 per annum.