Administration Assistant Job Profile and Description
The administration assistant is required to perform administrative duties and other related functions in the office for the administration division. The administrative assistant performs coordination, oversight and administrative contact for the external and internal affairs of the administration. The administration assistant is an important representative for the administration and usually is the first to communicate whenever a contact is made with the division. In such a responsibility, the administration assistant must be able to know how to greet people, answer incoming queries, email contact routing and distribute mail to corresponding mailboxes. The administration assistant is also expected to assist other employees in short duration office chores.
Duties and Responsibilities
Some of the duties and responsibilities of an administration assistant are:
- The administration assistant performs a wide range of administrative functions, which includes making sure that the activities within a particular division runs smoothly.
- To do general administrative duties like mailing and receipt of all internal and external mail for the administration, courier service arrangement and if needed give assistance to faxing, photocopying and to make sure that staff contacts are updated.
- Document meeting minutes and maintain their confidentiality.
- Assist the division manager in his duties when conducting conferences, seminars or meetings. This includes making travel, accommodation and catering arrangements.
- When and if required, maintain good staff working relationship ensuring that support and assistance are always available for them.
- To perform the appropriate duties and obligations assigned by the manager and participation in all briefing and debriefing sessions, seminars and meetings when required.
- The administration assistant is also expected to perform planning, directing and organizing functions to assist the division and staff and when required, perform clerical duties.
- Administration assistant also performs various documentation and therefore needs to be well knowledgeable with various documentation techniques and programs.
- An administration assistant also functions without the supervisions of higher priorities.
- Interacts with people well as the administration assistant is sometimes required to cover reception of visitors and deal with all incoming calls to the division promptly. He should also know how to perform postal duties.