A resort manager functions to enhance the profitability of the resort and oversee the routine operations conducted by the staff and implements the approved working policies from the resort owner. Managing the tourism facilities, coordinating with the catering & decorator parties and preparing the resorts accounts for monthly and annual submission are some of the major job duties of a resort manager. A resort manager should pose excellent communication skills, brilliant management & organization abilities and experience of dealing with the high profile clients. Therefore, an efficient resort manager plays an important role in the growth of a resort.
Resort Manager Job Specifications:
- Impressive interpersonal & communication skills to handle the potential clients & corporate parties.
- Supervisory skills to keep an eye on the day-to-day advancements conducted at the resort and preparing the performance based activities for the resort crew members.
- Good leadership skills to motivate the team to perform better, experience of handling the minor disputes and taking care of the official requirements of the staff members.
- Maintaining a good relationship with the external catering parties, decoration houses and DJ’s, etc, to organize the functions and parties at the resort at affordable prices.
- Knowledge of checking the accounts, bills & preparing invoices and responsibility of receiving the fixed payment from the clients.
- Preparing a requirement list of the compulsory stuff and experience of buying & coordinating with the shopkeepers to deliver the goods on time.
- Organizing duties, maintaining discipline, outlining resort’s financial budget along with attending the weekly meetings with the staff member.