An insurance agent functions as an insurance consultant who promotes and sells the insurance policies of an insurance firm by targeting the customers according to their needs and requirements. Understanding & demonstrating the insurance products by judging the client’s requirements, completing the assigned targets and coordinating with the processing department for completing the documentation are some of the major job duties of an insurance agent. This job designation should pose excellent communication skills, negotiation & convincing abilities and experience of dealing with the potential clients. Therefore, an insurance agent plays an essential role in selling and enhancing the insurance business of an insurance firm.
Insurance Agent Job Specifications:
- Good interpersonal skills to build the healthy client network for generating the timely business by advising the right insurance policies.
- Excellent calculation skills to estimate an accurate monthly instalment, evaluates the exact returns within the committed duration and ability to convince the customer by showing the monetary benefits on insurance investments.
- Sound knowledge of selling motor insurance, health insurance, home insurance and life insurance policies according to the customer’s requirement along with explaining the required formalities such as identity card, account statement and resident proof, etc.
- Ability to interview the interested client, inspect the health conditions and financial resources and gather general data to process the insurance policy.
- Reminding the client for renewal of the purchased insurance policy and follow up with customers for submitting the monthly instalment, etc.
- Attending the meetings with corporate client to explain the newly introduced insurance products along with the presentation showing the advantages of the products.