A maintenance supervisor is responsible for planning, developing & implementing all maintenance activities, functions to ensure the proper utilization of available maintenance resources and works to oversee the team member’s routine job duties. Assisting the maintenance manager in implementing the various maintenance programs, issuing the required instructions to the team and preparing the demanded documentation are some of the basic job duties of a maintenance supervisor. This job designation should pose good communication skills, organizing abilities and the experience of handling the maintenance projects, etc. Therefore, a maintenance supervisor plays an important role in providing the effective maintenance services and pays attention to close all the maintenance complaints.
Maintenance Supervisor Job Specifications:
- Good interpersonal skills to deal with the company departments, important clients and crew members for carrying out the assigned maintenance works.
- Excellent supervisory skills to evaluate the routine work performance of the team, discussing the work status with the maintenance manager and coordinating the external suppliers for follow up of the demanded material.
- Aptitude to attend the maintenance issue personally if required and sound experience of operating maintenance equipment, machines and instruments.
- Organizing the required facilities for the team, preparing a list of replacing material, new tools and supportive devices by consulting with the maintenance manager.
- Directing the maintenance activities, participating in the budget preparation of the maintenance department and implementing the health & safety standards by educating the team members.
- Ensuring the working shifts of the employees, proper functioning of the team and motivational skills to energise the crew member for performing better.